Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Southern livin'

We are officially in Georgia and all I have to say is thank goodness!! I don't know why but it has occurred to me that I am really good at setting myself up for failure. For some reason, I told myself I was going to get here and do all these fabulous things and be set-up in a day. Well.... let me just say, it certainly did not happen that way. We have been to our storage unit multiple times trying to find everything the kids and I need during our stay here. I still feel like we aren't completely organized. And our schedules? They are so out of whack that it isn't even funny. Now, we all are sick. It just adds to the fun! But really, I love it here. I love the sun and warmth despite it being winter. I love the southern hospitality. I love that no one looks at you weird when you say "No thank you, ma'am". It's just so nice!


But then there is the impending doom, the reason we are here.... because in one week, my husband, my partner, my love will be leaving, for a year. I can't even stand it. Lately, all my inadequacies have been coming to a head and I really feel like I just can't do it without him. I feel like alone, I will fail our children. Again, I'm setting myself up for failure. See a recurring theme here?

I feel like I am not the only mother that does this. I feel like there are so many of us wannabe perfectionists that think the only way to not screw our kids up is to throw together pinterest projects for every school function and make our own baby food, soap, clothes, etc. When in reality all my child really needs/wants is for me to play her the sound board on her Charlie Brown's Christmas book and give her sweets every so often. So why am I so crazy? Who knows but at least I know there are a million moms out there doing the same thing.

Anyways, we're enjoying our last week with daddy, tornado warnings, ER visits, and all....

No comments:

Post a Comment