Friday, January 3, 2014

Organizing Overhaul

Hey y'all (yes apparently I talk like this now),

As I said in my last post, I'm trying to stay focused on the prize (aka husband homecoming) by keeping busy. One plan that I have is to totally organize my life in 30 days and of course, I wanted to tell y'all (again) how I'm doing it.

So, I made this list of things that I wanted to organize throughout 30 days (figuring in some catch-up/free days). I figured I would need close to 30-60 mins to work on each of these, some maybe less, and that I would plan to do it during nap time each day. Here's the list.

1. Master closet
2. Sewing area
3. Junk drawer
4. Car
5. Refrigerator
6. Isla's closet
7. Cole's closet
8. Office
9. Office closet
10. Office closet (yes, this needs two days)
11. Playroom toys
12. Kids' books
13. Master bathroom cabinet
14. Kids' bathroom cabinet
15. Emergency binder
16. Recipe binder
17. Family command center
18. Garage
19. Kitchen bar
20. Pantry
21. Kids' dishes/tupperware drawer
22. Craft stuff
23. Attic
24. Linen closets
25. Budget/Financial paperwork
26. Cole's clothes
27. Isla's clothes
28. Hubs and my clothes
29. Catch-up day
30. Catch-up day

I figured I wouldn't do them in order but instead just pick something off the list to work on each day. Today I did my sewing area since it seemed easy enough and I had a few other things to do today. I'm hoping that this will help get me re-organized and stay organized through the new year! Make yourself a list and let me know how it goes for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment