Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Has it REALLY been so long?

I am so incredibly sad that I really have not written since September. I originally started this blog over a year ago because I love to write and to see I have been too busy to do it is sad! However, I have decided that with the new year (Yay 2014!) I really want to make a point to do more writing. So here goes!

This very long year deployment is almost up. We are looking forward to Joseph's homecoming and it's getting so close I cannot even stand it. I knew the holidays would make the end of November and December fly by but now that January is here, I feel like it is going to drag on. Therefore, I've decided to keep myself as busy as possible until he gets here.

A friend and I are trying to start up a group here that collects and distributes items and food to the homeless. Our hope is that we can get private organization status and operate through the base but we shall see. We are just putting our faith in God and letting him lay the cards as he sees fit. We are very excited though and have our first feed planned for this month.

I've also decided to do an organization challenge this month. Each day I will focus on organizing one thing in my house. Should be lots of work but in the end it will all be worth it. I'll share the list, when I get around to making it :)

As for the year, I've made some "goals"
1. Get closer to God
2. Spend more time with my children and less time with my cellphone
3. Try to stay organized so that I don't have to constantly reorganize everything
4. Eat healthier, workout more
5. Look for and find a job I like.
6. Hopefully buy a house this year!
7. Become financially sound.
8. And visit here a lot more often

There it is, folks! Let's see how I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment